Septembers here again

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Wow, this year is just flying by. September is here again, and along with it a new start. I have booked this week off of work and i am so glad that i did. I have a few things planned, tomorrow is a big dentist appointment and Thursday evening is my British citizenship ceremony but other than that i am taking the time to relax, to refresh my spirit and to enjoy the last few days of summer.

This time of year is a little weird for me - now that i live in the UK September is the beginning of Fall, but growing up back in South Africa the beginning of September was the start of Spring. The start of fun to be had and a reminder that Christmas was just around the corner. This morning i decided to take the opportunity and walk to and from the gym. It was gorgeous out. The sun was shinning and the wind was blowing - it felt wonderful on my face. But here i sit, just four hours later and i am cold. The clouds are coming in and rain is on its way. The days are getting shorter and the evenings are getting darker earlier.

So, keeping that all in mind i have done a few things today to start off this new season, this new chapter of life and the final leg of 2009.
- I went to the gym and updated my exercise goal sheet
- I washed my bedding and everything else that is in sight (not that i only wash my bedding once every new season....lol)
- I weighed in at 244.4lbs and made a new commitment to my health
- I made a To Do list/goal list for September which will be sitting on my fridge shortly
- I treated myself to strawberries and fat reduced cream for a late breakfast
- I got my camera out and spent some time taking photographs

So to all my friends back home.....HAPPY SPRING DAY!
To all my friends everywhere else in the world.......HAPPY SEPTEMBER 1ST!

You Might Also Like

0 comments