Tending To 2017 | Summer Refresh Goals
Saturday, July 08, 2017
Hey, it has been a little while since I've posted anything on here. For a short time there I wasn't sure if I was going to carry on with my blog or not but after some reflection and thinking I have decided to continue with it, although I am looking to add more informative posts, sharing some things that I have been growing through and changes that I have made. For now, though, I wanted to kick things off again by sharing my summer goals.
Make a list of all the things I want to do this summer and go do them || This one has been super important to me. When I set it, I knew that I didn't want this summer to pass me by without being intentional with my time. A few things that I knew I wanted to make time to do is to go to the beach, take my lunch break outside, eat breakfast in the garden, grow some vegetables and spend time in the pool.
Create a plan and be intentional about my healing and health || I have been having some health issues for a few years now and I feel like I am at the stage where I have tried everything I can on my own and its time to go see the doctor. So this summer I plan to work with my doctor to figure out what is going on and then I plan to start my own Wellness Project.
Continue to actively pursue my relationship with God || I have been making good progress so far this year and I it is important to me to make sure that continues. I plan to keep on using my Write the Word journal during my quiet time to both get into the word and track my prayers. Sometimes "simple" is best and that is what I am going for.
Make rest a priority || This is another important one for me. I am pretty sure that part of my health problems have been made worse by all the stress that I have been experiencing. While I know I that some of this stress is outside of my control, I want to make an effort to reduce it where I can and take the time daily to relax and unwind.
Invest in relationships and friendships this summer || Summer is a great time to be out and about with friends and family and I want to make the most of that. Going to parks for a picnic or out into the woods and fields for a hike is a great way to catch up on each other's lives. Relationships are important and I want to make sure that I am growing and nurturing the ones that I have.
Begin working on my business idea || I have a plan and I hope to be ready to start it at the beginning of 2018. I have a lot of work to do between now and then but I also want this process to be fun. I have a full-time job so this, in the beginning, will be a side business....meaning it is not "do or die". I'm excited to see where this goes.
So there you have it - the areas that I have been and will continue to be focusing on during the rest of the summer. I would love to see what goals you are working towards so feel free to leave a link to them and I will definitely come by and take a look.


0 comments