One Little Word | Half Year Review

Friday, July 21, 2017


For the past four years now I have participated in Ali Edwards One Little Word Project.  My word this year is WHOLE and you can find out more about why I chose this word and what I was hoping for in my original post back in January

This project is so personal that it's not the sort of thing that I share on social media as I want to continue having the freedom of being brutally honest without having to censor my thoughts or worry about how other people may perceive it.  But for this post, I did want to share a few pages out of my album - to give you a feel for what I have been doing and to add some prettiness to this post of course!


LESSONS I'M LEARNING

01| Rest, real rest is so important and shouldn't be overlooked.
02| In order to grow good things, you need time, space and patience in order for them to 
      flourish.
03| Connecting with friends and family makes me happier and helps me feel whole.
04| Progress is both a forward moving and sometimes backward moving process, and that is ok. 
05| How to sit with my feelings in order to feel and identify them.
06| Minimising the amount of time I spend in front of the TV at night has helped me to get more 
      things done in the evenings and allows me to better unwind before climbing into bed. 
07| Having something to look forward to each month makes my life feel more whole and well-
      rounded. 


AREAS THAT I WANT TO CONTINUE FOCUSING ON

01| Focusing on being happier and more grateful in my day to day life
02| Continue waiting and hoping in this single season without growing weary. I am learning that
      it is ok to love my life but still desire more. Every day I keep bravely waiting and trusting for
      the next season to come in His way and His timing.
03| Choosing gratitude over complaining when it comes to my job.
04| Work on bringing healing and wholeness to my body by balancing my blood sugars, moving
      my body, resting sufficiently and managing my stress levels.
05| Identify what fears I am letting hold me back and work through. Figure out how to move
      forward.

There is still a lot of progress and forward movement I want to make this year in these areas and I am excited to see how it pans out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments