Project Life | 2017 Plans And Title Page
Thursday, January 12, 2017
2017 sees the beginning of the third year for me doing Project Life.
As with the previous years, my goal was to have the album finished by the end of the first week in the January of the following year. That way, during the year, I may fall behind a few weeks - I think 8 weeks was my highest in 2016 - but I know that I need to set aside some time before the year is out to get my album up to date.
I am so in love with this concept of telling the stories of my life that I am excited to continue doing so this year.
The things that I did in my 2016 album that I will continue to do in 2017 include using the Currently Edition 12x12 album and Becky Higgins design A page protectors (for the most part). I plan to continue completing a week per page with occasional inserts as the year progresses, as well as using Ali Edwards Story Kits within Project Life. I printed all my photos at home and loved the flexibility that gave me so I will continue doing that, using my HP Envy 4523 and HP's InstaInk program which I love! In 2016 I only subscribed to Ali Edwards Story Kits and I plan to continue with that while using the stash that I already have as and when I need to.
I also decided that i wanted to shake things up a little and so decided that this year I wanted all my photos to be printed with a white border. I just love how they looked in other peoples albums. I also wanted my title card to be exactly the same each week - I like the consistency that it brings to the album. I knew that I wanted to use my typewriter more in 2017 and I wanted the base of my album to be white with splashes of colour. It sounds very fresh which makes my heart so happy.
The above title cards I created by tweaking Pink Paislee's Pictures + Words No 9 digital collection.
Last year I took Ali Edwards Storytelling with Project Life class and plan to spend a few weeks revisiting the class over the rest of January. I believe Ali will be rerunning the class early part of this year so if you are interested keep an eye on her site.
So those are my plans for Project Life 2017, I hope to share my weekly layouts more frequently on my blog and would love to see what you are doing with yours so please say hi and leave me a link to yours so that I can take a look and come say Hi.




0 comments