52 Portraits | Week One 2017
Monday, January 09, 2017As part of my One Little Word journey this year I thought it would be interesting and fun to capture the pieces of my WHOLE through 52 portraits. I knew that I wanted to go deeper than just 52 selfies so I did a bit of research to see what photography/self love classes I could find online. I ended on two that I am going to use.
The first is a free weekly photography challenge from Beth Adilly. This is focused more the photography and photo taking aspect which I thought would be a good way for me to improve those skills. The second is a weekly class focusing on self reflection using photography by Vanessa and costs $35 for the year.
Beth Adilly Week One Prompt | Document an ordinary moment from a different perspective
This photo is my take on the prompt. My bedroom is a good size by UK house standards but there is not much room for anything more than a cupboard, double bed, night stand and chest of draws. As such, whenever i normally take a photo of my room it is always from the doorway looking in. For this prompt I decided to take the photo from a higher point of view and looking from the window into the room.
It was really fun to do the prompt and I honestly think I am going to enjoy the challenge this year. As I progress with the years portraits, i plan to print them off as 3x4's and add them to my One Little Word album.
I would love to hear if you are doing anything similar or if you have done either of these two challenges in the past.

0 comments