Day In The Life | Photos And Words

Thursday, March 31, 2016

On Tuesday I took part in Ali Edwards Day In The Life. I have heard about it during my years of following Ali but this was my first year taking part - and it was a great experience. All of my photos were taken with my Iphone 5S and it was such a fun way to capture those everyday moments.

So here is how my day unfolded:


  
6:47am | This morning I woke up half an hour before my alarm was due to go off.  Spring is on its way and the mornings are getting much brighter. Note to self - get some blackout curtains. I then turned over and went back to sleep and managed to hit the snooze button twice. 

7:45am | I eventually got out of bed and made my bed. Did my morning routine of washing and moisturizing my face, checked my emails on my Iphone, got dressed and went downstairs to make a cup of tea.



8:15am | Smidge is always so eager to have his breakfast. He loves, loves, loves his morning Pate.



8:42am | Time for breakfast and making a start on my work day. Today I am working from home which normally means sitting on my couch in the lounge with the TV on. This is my first day back after a week off work and I had over 700 emails to work my way through.


9:11am | Amazon delivered my new Fitbit Alta this morning.   This was a little gift to myself that I have been waiting to be released in the UK and I was so excited to have it arrive.


12:05pm | Stopping for a quick lunch. I had hoped to go for a walk at lunch time but it was raining out and so instead I decided to wash my dishes and make another cup of tea before heading back to work.

1:08pm | Mom stopped by for a quick cup of tea during her lunch break. She only works about a ten minute walk from my house so she frequently stop's by when she knows I am working from home.


2:28pm | Smidge sound asleep next to me while I continue to work.


3:40pm | Smidge loves surveying the neighborhood from the upstairs windows. He sits there for ages watching the world go by until something catches his eye...and then he is off with a shot and runs outside trying to find whatever caught his attention while sitting in the window.



 4:30pm | I call it a day work wise and head off to my local supermarket for a few bits and pieces.


6:30pm | Thankfully it is staying lighter later in the evenings as we had a power cut in the entire village. The power was off for about half an hour but thankfully my dinner had just finished cooking so I took the time to enjoy my food.


7:15pm | The power came back on and I could finally make a start on doing some work on my blog. I had recently updated my blog and wanted to do some work on a few posts.

8:00pm | Took a quick break to call my parents and check in with them, then got back to my blog.



9:23pm | Time for a shower and the start of my evening routine.  I am trying to pay better attention to my skin so I recently purchased some new skin products which I used - Clarins Double Serum, Dior Hydra Life eye cream and Lancome night cream. After this I brushed my teeth, combed out my hair and climbed into bed.

10:12pm | Time for bed and a few YouTube videos.... a bit of a bad habit I have picked up recently but its the only time I get to catch up on them.

10:40pm | Finally time to call it a night.

As I said earlier, it has been so much fun to be present in my day and to watch it unfold while pulling together this post. I am aiming to pull together a layout on this page for my project life album over the next few days and would love to take a peak at how your day unfolded.

You Might Also Like

0 comments