Live Healthy | Freedom
Wednesday, March 30, 2016I have been struggling with my weight for around ten years - trying to work out more, trying to eat better food, trying to say no to giving in and just eating what I want. Each time I fail, each time I try a little harder...I find my heart getting wrapped up tighter and tighter.
This is a real struggle for me. Not only to actually lose the physical weight but to unwrap my heart from the hold that this struggle has had on me. My core belief says that my worth directly relates to the number on the scale, that having a guy fall in love with me can only happen with a perfect body, that being happy is only for those who can shop in any clothing store and wear anything with confidence....but my mind knows that these beliefs are all a lie and a big one at that.
These past few months though, my hearts cravings have been shifting. They have been moving from craving skinny, thin and beautiful to craving freedom. I crave the day when this is no longer a problem for me, when food isn't my comfort, when my weight doesn't hold me back and when my value is based on more than just what the current cultural view is on the right body type.
I know that this change that I want in myself is not something that will happen over night. It is something that I am going to have to work on and I know that it isn't something I can do all on my own. But this is my goal, this is what I am working towards, and this is where I am going to be owning and sharing my story while I practice loving myself every day.
While I work on untangling my heart and re-defining my core beliefs, my weight loss goal is to lose sixty pounds by the 31st of December 2016..... and there it is! I will be checking in on my blog at least once a month and hopefully a little more every now and then. If you have a big goal that you are working on this year, I would love it if you shared it with me so that we can encourage one another.


0 comments