2015 Goals

Tuesday, December 30, 2014


This year I purposely wanted to spend some time preparing for the year ahead. It was a really big priority for me and one that I can gladly say I saw through.  There is that quote by Benjamin Franklin that says "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" and the upcoming year is such an exciting year for me that I just know I can not enter it wishing for things to happen....I need to figure out what I want and then how I am going to get there.  There are so many great resources and blogs out there but I used a combination of this list making and this rewards idea to help keep the motivation going and then just general goal setting experience to come up with my goals.  

I want to share them so that they keep me accountable and focused.  I plan to break these down into monthly goals on my blog and then review them. I guess my overall goal for this entire process is progress, not perfection. Now I know I will have to constantly remind myself of that over the next twelve months but I want this process to be one of growth and moving forward. I don't want it to end up being an opportunity to tear myself down. 

So here are my goals for 2015.  Some big, some small. Some are one off's while others are ongoing. Some will require more effort than others. These are mine and are all important to me for one reason or another. 
  • Read six books
  • Go to my graduation ceremony and enjoy it!
  • Holiday in Vietnam
  • Go to the beach
  • Reach daily Fitbit steps 85% of the time each month
  • Have a mother/daughter weekend
  • Volunteer
  • Blog more than in 2014
  • Save 10% of my salary and do not spend it
  • Complete One Little Word 2015
  • Complete monthly pages for Project Life
  • Keep a gratitude journal
  • Lose 21 lbs by graduation day
  • Be in the 17 stones weight bracket by Vietnam
  • Take part in one race or event in 2015
  • Go on a spending fast for 30 days
  • Re-landscape my back garden
  • Re-organize and sort out my kitchen
  • Build up my relationship with my Compassion child
  • Make a new friend
  • Get a Level 6 role at work
  • Pay an additional £500 towards my mortgage
  • Find a practical budget system that I can stick to
  • Go glamping
  • Have a massage
  • Celebrate turning 34 in style
  • Have 4 social media free weekends
  • Create a morning routine
  • Create an evening routine
  • Go to the National Science Museum
What goals are you setting for yourself this year?  Feel free to come back and keep me accountable. I wholeheartedly believe that for us to achieve our goals we need a community of people around us to not only support each other but to gently push each other one when needed. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments