{ One Little Word 2014 Album | Part One }

Thursday, April 24, 2014

The One Little Word concept has been something that I have take part in for a few years near. In 2012, my word was Wholeness, in 2013 I chose Grace and this year my word is Intention.  I love the idea of starting off the new year with a word in mind, something to strive towards, something that gives your decisions and choices meaning, but one think that I have found that I have lacked over the years is focus on my word.  By March each year life had taken over and I was swamped with tasks that needed doing and deadlines that needed meeting. But this year, I saw Ali Edwards talking about her One Little Word course on her blog and I decided to sign up - and I am so glad that I did. I think I will be doing this again next year. 

I want to share my album with you along with an overview of each month.  I have been documenting my intentions for each month as well as how I have been doing against them but I haven't yet shared the album. If you would like to take a look at my other posts you can find them under the label One Little Word.  I'm planning to share my album four months... so there will be two more parts to follow.

January

In January I picked my word: Intention. I wish that I had had a lofty process for coming up with it but I don't; it just sort of came to me.  In preparation for next years One Little Word though, I plan to ask my self a few questions prior to choosing a word, knowing what I know now. I also chose a quote for this year as well as documented what my intentions were for 2014.  A lot of work for the January prompt - but all that foundation work has been well worth the time and effort.




February

February saw me setting some actions for the year.  Now I have twelve cards but as yet have only chosen nine actions. I'll probably consider making the remainder of the actions around June or July.... but Ill see.  



March

March was all about creating a vision board. To be honest, when I initially watched the video and began looking through magazines I was not "feeling" this assignment. I just couldn't find images or words in the magazines which really spoke to me so I changed tactics and went searching on the internet.  I came across the collage below on pinterest I think, and knew straight away that this is what I wanted my vision board to be. So, while I did not create it myself I have adopted it for my own.



April

This months prompts have taken me longer than normal to complete...about three weeks longer actually.  But I have thoroughly enjoyed them. As they were photography based, it got me to take my camera out of its bag and start using it once again. Its been a while since my camera has come on journeys with me and I absolutely loved it. Its helped me fall in love with everyday photography once again.  





I am falling more and more in love with my album as the months go by and I can't wait to continue sharing it with you over the next eight month.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I still haven't done this months prompt, I love that your photos match your intentions... I might borrow this idea. Your album is looking great.

    ReplyDelete