{ The Path Towards Intention ~ Healthy Eating Go-To Scripts }
Wednesday, February 05, 2014One of the ways in which I am supporting my intention of changing my body and health for the better and my intention of committing scripture to memory is by using the list of scriptures above. Lysa TerKeurst is currently doing a bible study on Made to Crave over at Proverbs 31 and a few weeks ago Lysa posted the photo above on her blog.
I often find myself struggling along this healthy journey when the need for short term gratification overwhelms my desire to reach my long term goal. I know that sounds a little wishy-washy but its true. When I find myself experiencing intense emotions, be them sadness, stress or excitement, I dive into the chocolate box. All i can think about is inhaling all the chocolate I can get my hands on, steam rolling right over my healthy eating plan.
With my One Little Word at the forefront of my thoughts, I wanted to figure out some actions that I could take during those times to help me make better decisions and stay on track with my plans. Just a few days after I had been journaling about this, I came across these scriptures and my plan fell into place.
The next time that I begin to feel that overwhelming emotion in my stomach, working its way up towards my neck, I am going to Stop, pull out my phone and read the scriptures above. I may need to read them over and over again but i am going to do that until the urge passes. As of yet I haven't tried it, but now I have a plan.
Do you have any actions or plans that you follow when you feel like you are caving in?



0 comments