{ Homemade art }
Monday, February 03, 2014
A few months ago some of you may know that I moved into my very first owned home. It was and still is so very exciting. Before I moved into my two bedroom, double story house, I lived in a rented one bedroom flat which meant that I didn't have a lot of furniture or items to move.
Now that I have lived in my house for a few months, I find that I want to start decorating it and making it my own. The upstairs needs complete re-decorating which I currently don't have the money to do but what I can start doing is finding things which I love and that will go with the ideas in my head about how I want my house to look once the decorating has been done.
Over Christmas I came across some gorgeous canvas quotes, however they were on sale for $75 excluding shipping and sending that to the UK would have cost a bucket load I am sure. So I decided to have a go at making my own. I initially found a canvas that I had started painting previously but wasn't keen on the final look, and attempted painting over it with white paint with no luck. So I decided to cover it with pages out of an old book and painted that white.
While that was drying, I found the quote I wanted to use and printed it out in the font and size that fit my canvas.
I then turned the page back over and traced around the outline of the text, leaving me with the below outline.
I then hand painted each of the letters with a small paint brush and black acrylic paint and once that was dried I laid down a boarder using duct tape and painted the sides.
I really love how this has turned out and it looks great in my bedroom. Plus it cost me absolutely nothing to make as I already had all the items available. This project is probably not one that you are going to do in one afternoon, but the time and effort it takes to complete is well worth it.






0 comments