{ Home Makeover: The Bathroom }

Sunday, October 27, 2013

With the exams finally being over it's time to start to properly unpacking my stuff and make my new house my home.  These past few weeks my bathroom has been one of my biggest bugbear.  Overall, the bathroom has been nicely done. The tiles on the floor need re-grouting, but other than that, there was only one other main problem.  The bathroom had zero storage space and to make matters worse, very little space to add any. 
                                                                   [ Before ]

So I set about doing some research to see what I could do to add in some much needed storage space.  I wanted my bathroom to be clean, relaxing and beautiful but also functional.  I waded through several home catalogues and websites including my favourite, Pinterest, and ended up deciding on an under the sink cabinet.


 
Having picked it up from the shop I set about putting it together and after a couple of hours and a pleading phone call to my dad, my cabinet was together and ready to be packed with everything that was sitting out in the open.


For me, my bathroom is a place to let go of the days stresses and worries.  Its a place where I make space in my day to breath and relax.  A place to nurture my soul and shower love on myself.  My bathroom is a very important place in my home. 



And then there is this little corner.  There is still more that I want to add as time goes on but I love it as it is right now.  A glass perfume bottle that I have filled with bubble bath, another glass jar in which I store my cotton balls, a Yankee candle I got as a birthday gift and a little sign to remind myself of what my bathroom time means to me.

I think it is has really come together nicely and while I still want to add a few things to the walls and the shelf, I can now tick one room off my home makeover list.

You Might Also Like

0 comments