{ Keep it simple }

Friday, August 02, 2013


Life is crazy busy at the moment for me - long hours at the office, away from home a minimum of two days every week, study preparation underway for the exam in 10 weeks time and on top of all of that I will be moving house soon.... oh and I don't have any clue on when I can move in although I have to move out of my flat in 22 days.  To say that things at the moment are stressful would be an understatement, and that would based on just what is in the list above.    

But no matter what you have on your plate, life keeps going on.  And while I am not getting this right every day, I have found one seemly simple idea which helps.


Keeping it simple is something that I try to remind myself of throughout the day.  When problems arise at work I try to remember to keep it simple, I find that I normally know deep down what the best approach is. When I am packing my bags for the work trip and trying to figure out what food to take with me in order for my healthy journey to continue, I try to keep it simple.  When setting up my weekly study timetable I try to keep it simple. And when I think about this whole moving thing and potentially being homeless for a while.....I try to keep it simple by handing it over to God and trusting in Him. 

And while you would think that keeping it simple is easy, I find that I catch myself sometimes going for the complex option, for not thinking things through properly and if I'm not careful I find myself adding to my stress rather than reducing it.  

So with every day that passes over the next few weeks, I plan to try to remember to keep it simple.

You Might Also Like

0 comments