A Tough Day

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yesterday was a really though day for me.  Have you ever woken up from a dream that seemed so very real?  So real that you have this heaviness with you all day....it's unexplained and i just couldn't shake it.  It seemed to affect my entire day, it went from bad to worse and by the end of the day i was in tears. Not a great position to find myself in when I'm in a new job with a new manager.....and, on a good day, I feel out of my depth as it is.

My manager was great. She knows exams are only a few days away, that my job is particularly stressful at the moment and that it is an entirely new position for me. She told me not to worry about it.

I spent the rest of the evening trying to relax, to shake it off. I went to bed and woke up this morning as if yesterday never happened.  I didn't want to let yesterday go by without documenting how i felt. I am trying to be more "in the moment" and as difficult as yesterday was, in a few days time it will probably be good for me to sit down and run through the day so see if i can figure out what was going on.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I know what you mean about waking up from dreams. I have that some days and it really makes it hard to want to get out of bed once the realization that it was a dream.
    Glad you are feeling better tho!

    ReplyDelete