Lets Talk Goals | The Contentment Challenge
Wednesday, June 01, 2016
Who doesn't like a good challenge .... and just in time for the beginning of summer.
Originally, this challenge was coined by Nancy Ray and I believe the challenge should last for 12 weeks, but I am going to tweak it slightly in order to make it more accessible for myself. The biggest change is that instead of 12 weeks I am aiming for 30 days.
Here are the Guidelines (from Nancy Ray's blog, edited for my personal challenge):
- For the next few days, your homework is to do the following: prepare your heart, organize your closet, and make any necessary purchases that you might need during the month.
- I did this at the end of May and those purchases have been made. I also have a list of websites that I can not purchase from and a list of items that under no circumstances am I able to buy.
- Choose 1 inspiring book to read during this time.
- For this challenge I've decided to read Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin.
- Necessities are okay! If you drop and break your phone, please get a new one. If you lose your glasses, buy a new pair. Just don't start justifying new purchases for items that you already have.
- I am definitely clear on the difference between a need and a want but sometimes it is so easy to talk myself into "needing" that thing. Not this month, this month I am staying strong.
What I won't be spending my money on:
- scrapbook supplies other than the subscriptions I already have in place
- clothing and shoes
- books
- makeup
- beauty products
- home decor
- candles
- music
Here goes! If you are taking part in the challenge or have done previously I would love to hear how you got on.


0 comments