2016 Goals

Friday, January 01, 2016


2015 has been a great year for me. I had hoped to get around to sharing some of the highlights of the year but time got away from me.  Trust me when I say that 2015 was a year of celebrating hard work, having new experiences, living with my one little word of Open, taking more time to rest, documenting the stories of my year, the stirring of new dreams in my heart and building relationships with my family and friends.

These past few weeks, as I have prepared myself to say goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016, I have worked my way through Lara Casey's Powersheets. I have spent time journaling and praying. I have spent time on my knees and in the Word. I have been dreaming and digging deep.

I am excited for the goals and changes that I have settled on for this new year but I am also a little nervous. My goals feel big and they feel scary. I know that I can't do them on my own; and while that is what is making me feel a little uneasy it is also a great reminder of where my strength and trust need to sit...and I am honestly alright with that.

This year I have eight major goals of which each one has their own mini goals and actions that sit beneath them.  I did consider increasing my number of goals to ten but after praying on it and journaling about my plans I felt like the eight that I had was all that I need.

Goal 1 | Become healthier by losing weight and becoming more flexible and strong.
I am aiming to lose 80 lbs this year. That on it's own is a huge ask and one, based on my track record so far, has a good chance of not happening. The thing is that those attempts were done in my own strength and this time I am doing my best to lean in to God each day.  I have been on this journey for four weeks so far and I know that as long as I keep God first and do my best, He will make a way. One of the truths that I began to internalize in 2015 is that health does not just equal your ideal weight; it also means being strong and flexible and a whole bunch of other things.  Health means different things to different people and part of my goal this year is further define what Health means to me.

Goal 2 | Work on my personal development and obtain a new skill.
Learning new skills and knowledge really fires me up. I love the challenge. For me, this goal is going to be a combination of reading books, some online courses and hopefully a few evening classes.

Goal 3 | Soak myself in God and His Word.
My relationship with God has been growing throughout 2015 and it is something that I want to nurture and invest in even more in 2016. In addition to spending time in prayer, in the bible and worshiping in my bible journal, my desire is to end 2016 having a deeply rooted knowledge of who I am in God as His daughter.  Having my value and worth firmly bedded in God and not based on other peoples opinions or in my own thoughts and views.
 
Goal 4 | Give to others to make their lives better.
This is another big one for me. I would like this year to be more about giving to others than focusing on myself and my own wants.  I hope to meet people where they are, to leave them feeling loved, encouraged and not alone. From the everyday small things to the bigger, life changing gifts. In all honesty, right now I don't know how this goal is going to be fulfilled but I have a few ideas for starting points and will see where God leads from there.
 
Goal 5 | Surrender my dreams to God, be BRAVE and start dating.
This desire has my heart wrapped tightly around it and I know 100% that this is not something that I will be able to do on my own. I am going to need God's power, His direction and a gentle nudge that only He can give.

Goal 6 | Find a church & build a community of women who love God & encourage each other.
I am aiming to find myself a church and immerse myself within it. I want to be a part of a community of women who love God and encourage each other.  It has been a very long time since I have had this type of community and I am trusting God that this is the year that this desire will begin to come together.

Goal 7 | Be a good steward of the money God gives me by giving to others, saving 10%  of my                   salary, living within my means and pay off one debt.
I want to give generously. Be in a position where I can bless others. Pay off some debts and put more towards my mortgage.  I want to be faithful in what God has given me.

Goal 8 | Continue documenting the stories of my life.
I am so very grateful for the talents I have been given and I want to make sure that I am using them to Glorify Him.  I have come to understand the importance of documenting my story, of the healing and insight that it brings.  Project Life.  One Little Word. This blog.  Social Media. All of these are avenues that I have to share my story and hopefully encourage someone else.

So, here are my goals. I am excited to see what comes of this year.

You Might Also Like

0 comments